Tuesday, March 08, 2005

No profound words of wisdom or great revelations here. It just seems like Will is everywhere today. I found photos of him on the hard drive of my computer at work that I didn't know were there. I needed the computer cable that I had kept in his room for months so I could do work from there on my laptop. Eric Zorn with the Chicago Tribune wrote to say that someone had sent him a card to forward to us. Even the imminent arrival of spring signaled by the clear blue sky outside reminds me that I had been hopeful that we'd be able to bring Will home in a few more weeks. And it's not just today. He's there with me (and with Mary, I know) every day. It is so bittersweet. I'm so glad to have had him in my life for that short time, knowing that it has made my life richer in ways both obvious and unknowable. But I miss him so much, and it hurts every time I think of a future without him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home