Wednesday, December 15, 2004

The report on Will tonight is a mix of the good and the bad, which means it's pretty much status quo. He seems to be breathing a bit better thanks to the steroids, but he still is holding an amazing amount of fluid that has left him incredibly puffy and, if I had to guess, extremely uncomfortable. The doctor said he doesn't want to give him a diuretic just yet because it has a similar effect on the lungs as the steroid, and there is a risk of actually doing too much to reduce inflammation. So, Will gets to tough it out for another night. He was getting rid of the fluid a bit earlier today, but by tonight the flow had slowed to a trickle. Hopefully he'll start peeing again and can get some of that fluid off over the next day or two. It's very frustrating to sit there and see him look so bloated and miserable and not be able to do anything about it. If he can get rid of all that fluid, his lungs might actually be able to benefit from what the steroids are doing for him. Until then, it seems to be keeping him at even at best. We've had no quarrel with anything they've done for Will up to this point, but they'd better know what they're doing this time. I'm not going to sit by and see him this uncomfortable for much longer without raising a stink. I can't believe with all the whiz-bang stuff they have over there that they can't find a way to make a kid pee without it causing undue harm.


Post a Comment

<< Home