Sunday, April 24, 2005

Thanks to all of our friends and family members who braved a chilly Lake Michigan breeze for the March of Dimes WalkAmerica in Chicago today. My sister Ann organized this group and reports that they collectively raised about $2,300 for the cause! The March of Dimes is leading the campaign to reduce premature birth by supporting research and by educating the public and health care providers.

When I was at the grocery store this morning a group was holding a car wash fundraiser and their signs said "March of Dimes." I think maybe it was the U of I Collegiate Council team that has dedicated their walk for Will this year. And I keep seeing donation jars in businesses, which I probably didn't even notice at this time last year. Every time I see one, part of me wants to jump up on the counter and hold it up, shaking it and shouting so it's impossible to ignore. But I think joining hundreds of people walking through Iowa City next Saturday will be a more productive (and sane) way to draw attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home