Wednesday, March 07, 2007

As we prepare for our third March of Dimes WalkAmerica event, Will is on our minds even more than usual. Team Kenyon will be out in force again this year and we invite you to join us in whatever way you can--physically (by walking with us or in your own hometown), financially (by making an online pledge toward our fundraising goal) or morally (by encouraging us to get up and get moving in preparation for the 10K walk.) Clicking on the Team Kenyon link above will take you to my fundraising page where, if you scroll to the bottom, you'll find links to donate and/or to register to walk with us or in your local WalkAmerica event.

This year one of the other local participants has enlisted family teams like ours to contribute pages to a scrapbook that will be displayed at March of Dimes events in our area to show real people affected by prematurity. I am an avowed non-scrapbooker, but once again, Will leads me to things I never thought I'd do. A friend with many creative talents, including scrapbooking, helped me create my pages--one for Will and one for Edward.I am happy to have our boys represented in this project and I trulyenjoyed the chance to spend a whole evening with my friend, who I do not get to see enough, but I definitely have not been converted. The results (when achieved by those whose skills far surpass mine) are lovely, but it's just not for me. I'm doing well if I even order prints of my digital photos, much less file them in the simplest photo album! Instead I have my blogs. They may not look pretty, but they capture the moments in our lives that we most want to share with those we love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home