Sunday, December 06, 2009

We lit our Will tree tonight, the one that we put up on Will's birthday and take down the day he died. We put ornaments on it each year with the intention of giving them away to people who visit us during the holidays, with the goal of keeping Will's spirit and memory alive through these friends. Will's brothers, Edward and Daniel, helped to put the ornaments on the tree. Then, Edward took our small Will photo album off of the shelf and asked to look through the photos.

As we flipped through, he asked some questions, and told me some things that he knew from previous perusals. When we got to the pages with photos of me holding Will, I realized that it was five years ago to the day, close to the hour, when I held Will for the first time. It was the day after my birthday, and it was the best birthday present I had ever had (or, I would expect, will ever have). It's hard to believe that five years have passed. What a five years it has been. Most important among the changes is that we have Will's beautiful brothers with us. No matter how much has changed, however, one thing remains constant: Our undying love for Will and our resolve to keep him alive in our hearts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home