Thursday, January 20, 2005

Just a quick note to say that Will continues to do well this evening. He was doing well enough this afternoon that Mary and I finally went home for a short while to clean up and recharge. When we returned just now, his nurse practically ran up to tell us how well he'd done this afternoon. He continues to pee (she told us that between 4 p.m. and now he had more come out than go in, for example, which is just what he needs), is breathing well on the new ventilator and seems to be more comfortable. They also had ultrasounds taken of his abdomen and head, just to make sure there was nothing causing this downturn beyond the infection. Both scans found nothing wrong. So, he's still very critical, but doing so much better than he was yesterday. It feels like a tremendous weight has been lifted. I don't know if that will allow us to feel good enough that we'll go home to sleep tonight, but it is at least crossing our minds, something that would have seemed unthinkable 24 hours ago. This kid is so strong that I really can't wait to get to know him better. Now I'm more confident that I'm going to get that chance.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi.....I have come upon your site from a friend at work. She had just given birth to a 24 weeker in mid December and keeps the many friends and family members updated on her husband's blog. My prayers are with Will...I will include him with Samuel, as we pray each day for him. Best of Luck and God bless your family. Your love gives him the strength he needs to heal! He is blessed to have wonderful parents.
Kelly

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a perfect stranger who happened across this site several weeks ago and have become completely enamored with the indomitable Will. Thank you so much for sharing Will's story with us -- at the same time I'm pulling for Will, I find that I hug my children a little more often. See? Will has already spread a joy in the world. I also look forward to the day that he gets to know his incredibly devoted parents a little better -- in spite of all of his current problems, he's an extremely lucky little boy to be loved so very much.

Page

10:51 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm still here too. I've been reading your posts daily and praying for Will and the both of you since you started posting back in October... God Bless you and make Will strong enough to come home soon!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home